You can invite the Sheriff's Office to an up-coming event in your community, whether it is a block party, annual picnic, or any activity bringing neighbors together.
The Sheriff's Office may be able to arrange for vehicles; personnel, equipment and displays, such as those listed below, to visit your community at no cost to you.
To request the Sheriff's Office to participate in your event, please complete the online request form or you may contact the Crime Prevention Division at (407)-665-6631. Your inquiry will be answered within two business days.
Please be advised that many communities book their requests months in advance. Every effort will be taken to fill your request.
Activities Available for your Event
- C.A.T. (Combat Auto Theft) SIGN-UP. A booth can be set up so residents can register their vehicle(s) and have decals placed in the front and rear windows alerting thieves their vehicle(s) can be stopped during early morning hours if seen on the roadways. To sign up, the owner must present his or her driver's license and vehicle registration.
- CHILD FINGERPRINTING CARDS. Are available for parents to fingerprint their child.
- CHILD SAFETY DISPLAY. Coloring books, safety handouts and information pertaining to child safety can be set up in a booth.
- CRIME PREVENTION STATIC DISPLAY. An array of photos and information can be set up at a booth offering general Crime Prevention information.
- DEPUTY/PATROL CAR. A Deputy assigned to your area can attend and display his or her patrol car.
- DRUG AWARENESS DISPLAY. A detailed display of information on Drug and Alcohol Abuse to inform and educate your residents.
- NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH INFORMATION. If your community does not have already have one, learn how to start a Neighborhood Watch organization in your area.
- ROBOTS. Remote controlled educational tools to enhance the children's programs and their involvement.
- McGruff Crime Dog
- SENIOR SAFETY DISPLAY. Important information displayed, explaining various services and resources pertaining to Safety for Older Americans.
- VIN ETCHING. Have every window on your vehicle etched with your vehicle's identification number. This process will not impair your visibility though the windows.
The following items can be requested, but due to conditions such as weather, emergency call-outs and other factors at the time of your event, we CANNOT GUARANTEE they will be there.
- Helicopter (fly-by or landing if appropriate)
- HUMVEE (on display)
- SWAT (equipment display)