CIVIL SECTION CONTACT NUMBER (407) 665-6640
Address: 201 N. Park Ave., Sanford, FL 32771
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
All of the listed fees (except advance deposits) shall be NON-REFUNDABLE once received by the Sheriff’s Office.
All civil process received with incorrect paperwork will be returned.
The Seminole County Sheriff’s Office does not serve out of state non-enforceable civil process. You must contact a Certified Process Server to serve out of state non-enforceable process.
Required Documents for Service
Civil Process Schedule of Fees (per F.S.S. 30.231)
- One (1) original document with raised/colored seal or certified copy from Clerk of Court or E-Filed through Clerk of Court copy
- One (1) service copy of Original document listed above
- Any supporting documents. For example:
- Summons requires a petition/complaint
- Notice to Appear summons requires a statement of claim.
- If you would like a copy of the return of service, a self-addressed and stamped envelope or an e-mail address will need to be provided with the documents.
Effective Monday, May 13, 2019
, the Civil Section will only accept payments in the following forms:
NO PERSONAL checks will be accepted beginning Monday, May 13, 2019.
- Money Order
- Cashier’s Check
- Credit/Debit Card
- Business checks (Attorneys Only)
Click here for Levy Requirements
Writ of Execution Fees
|Types of Service||Fees|
|Summons/Subpoenas (for each summons or writ to be served) ||$40.00|
| Writ of Garnishment|| $40.00 |
| Distress Writ|| $40.00 |
| Writ of Replevin || $90.00 |
| Writ of Possession|| $90.00 |
- If a deputy sheriff is requested to stand by for more than ½ hour, the request must be made in writing at the time the writ is presented for service, accompanied by the fee of $40.19 per hour for the deputy(s) time.
All alias, pluries and amended civil process will be charged in accordance to the Civil Process Schedule of Fees.
Civil Process Server Information
| Real Property/Stocks || $900.00 (per parcel) |
| Automobiles || $2200.00 (per vehicle) |
| Tractor/Trailers || $2500.00 (per vehicle) |
| Furniture/Equipment || Call for estimate |
| Aircraft/Boats || Call for estimate |
| Other Services (locksmith, electrician, deputy, specialist, special equipment, etc.)|| Actual Cost |
In all cases, the deposit is set on the estimated cost to complete the levy and sale of the property. Any expenses incurred are the initial responsibility of the plaintiff. Seminole County Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to request additional fees to cover costs incurred when executing Writs of Execution or Writs of Replevin.